I’m sure some of you have received the below in an email. We didn’t start this list and don’t know who to credit… However, please let us know what should be added to the list, so that us Obama supporters can maintain our dignity in the midst of immense joy (should he win)!
They’ll be watching us(the day after the election)
for signs of the end of time.
To keep the peace and keep a lot of folks from getting nervous, I
think we should develop a list of acceptable celebrations and
behaviors we should probably avoid at least for the first few days:
1. No crying, hugging or shouting “Thank you Jesus” (at least not in
2. No running high-fives (at least not unless the area is clear and
there are no witnesses)
3. No laughing at the McCain/Palin supporters
4. No calling in sick on November 5th . They’ll get nervous if too
many of us don’t show up.
5. We’re allowed to give each other knowing winks or nods in passing.
Just try to keep from grinning too hard.
6. No singing loudly, “We’ve come this Far By Faith” (it will be
acceptable to hum softly)
7. No bringing of barbeque ribs or fried chicken for lunch in the
company lunchroom for at least a week (no chittlins at all – this
may make us seem too ethnic)
8. No leaving kool-aid packages at the water fountain (this might be a
sign that poor folks might be getting a break through)
9. No, Electric Sliding or Cha Cha-ing during breaks
(this could indicate a little too much excitement)
10. Please no “Moving on Up” Jefferson’s soundtrack…..(we are going
to try to remain humble)
11. No doing the George Jefferson dance (unless you’re in your office
with the door closed)
12. Please try not to yell—-”BOOOO-YAH!”
13. Just in case you’re wondering, Doing the Running Man, cabbage
patch, or a backhead-bounce on the highway is 100% okay.