Granted the majority of Black folk in America are Christian so we can’t play the religion card but wouldn’t it be nice if we could’ve taken a day off in observance of MJ’s death rather than minimizing and maximizing windows all day and hiding tears from our bosses? There are just some occasions that are ours that they’ll never fully understand which deserve a day of observance far far away from work.
Days of Mourning
– The day James got killed off of Good Times.
– The day the Fugees Broke up
– The day everyone found out Tina Marie was really white.
– The day The Jeffersons get their own spinoff.
– The day after Labor Day
– Jet Magazine’s 100,000th Issue
– Grandmother’s Day
– Black Friday (What better day to celebrate black people? Shoot… the title already gives us partial ownership!)
Okay, maybe a couple of these are frivolous but you get my point. We need our days and today would’ve been a perfect time to gather around the television as families to watch his memorial.
Or maybe celebrate with a Thriller sing along over a bushel of crabs at Sandy Point on this gorgeous 85 degree day. Mike would’ve wanted it that way. Plus, CNN’s replaying it at 7 right?