1. “The Shrimp Boat” in NE.
2. Fat Face Bar-B-Que – I see a white person or two in there from time to time, but hey that’s always been the case. Who doesn’t love delicious soul food?
3. The Open Mic Scene on U Street – The whole sad, non-rhyming white poetry thing hasn’t over taken the “Def Poetry Jam” style of most black poetry.
4. Go-Go Music
5. Marshall Heights – I don’t care how many condos they tried to put over there. Still Marshall Heights.
6. Minnesota Ave Metro station at night
7. Horace and Dickie’s – Until they sell fried tofu or an avocado and fish sandwich…they are untouched. LOL
8. Safeway in Petworth – All I can say is yuck.
9. The Homelessness Problem has not improved – Shouldn’t it get better with gentrification?
10. Single Black Women complaining about not being able to find a good man – What about all these good, employed white boys walking around, sis?
This is not a comprehensive list. So much more could be said. Wash DC people, what would you add to this list.
Update: I stand corrected. The Shrimp Boat IS in NE. I placed it in SE. My bad, Yall!