I’m late hearing about this terrible and blatantly racist article. It’s written as a response to recent articles about “the talk” that black parents have with their kids, especially Black Boys, in light of the Trayvon Martin murder. Clutch summed it up very well…
“National Review’s John Derbyshire says there is a talk that non-black Americans have with their children about race too. Derbyshire wrote about this in his post The Talk: Non-Black Version where he describes the racist views that he has instilled in his own children.
The outrageous content of his blog has many calling for him to be fired.
Here are 9 points he shares that every White parent should tell their children:
- Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.
- Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.
- If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).
- Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.
- If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.
- Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.
- Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.
- Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.
- If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.”
In my opinion, the most horrible point he makes in the article is…
(11) The mean intelligence of blacks is much lower than for whites. The least intelligent ten percent of whites have IQs below 81; forty percent of blacks have IQs that low. Only one black in six is more intelligent than the average white; five whites out of six are more intelligent than the average black. These differences show in every test of general cognitive ability that anyone, of any race or nationality, has yet been able to devise. They are reflected in countless everyday situations. “Life is an IQ test.”
It’s ridiculous. To talk about IQs in this way makes him sound like a 1920s eugenicist. It’s Asinine. Big word for a black person. Yeah, I know. If I was crazy enough to really entertain some hard facts and numbers from this writer, they would have tp come paired with empirical research on the impact of institutional racism, failing schools, low expectations, etc. He states this point like it’s a fact. For the link “in every test” he links to his own website like he is a scholar on the subject. The URL has Opinion in the string (http://www.johnderbyshire.com/Opinions/HumanSciences/upennlaw.html#gaps) because it’s just that. His personal racist opinion. No one should take this writer seriously.
Anyway, this is the most racist thing I’ve seen…today.
Note: “Derbyshire’s editor at the conservative publication National Review, Rich Lowry, described the piece as “appalling.” On April 7, Lowry announced that Derbyshire had been dismissed from National Review: “We never would have published it, but the main reason that people noticed it is that it is by a National Review writer. Derb is effectively using our name to get more oxygen for views with which we’d never associate ourselves otherwise. So there has to be a parting of the ways.”“ - source